94-98 OBS Chevy Dashboard-1988 gmc sierra dashboard
The 1988 GMC Sierra dashboard is a work of art. From the sleek design to the functional layout, everything about it oozes style and sophistication. However, what many people don’t know is that the Chevy OBS dashboards from 1994-1998 are actually even better! In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the reasons why the 94-98 OBS Chevy dashboards are superior to the 1988 GMC Sierra dashboard. We’ll also provide some tips on how to get your hands on one of these beauties. So if you’re in the market for a new dashboard, read on!
How to remove your old dashboard
If your old dashboard is in good condition, you can remove it yourself. Here’s how:
1. Remove the screws that hold the dashboard in place.
2. Carefully pull the dashboard away from the frame of the vehicle.
3. Disconnect any wiring that is attached to the back of the dash.
4.Remove the old dash and dispose of it properly.
How to install your new dashboard
Assuming you have your new dashboard and OBS Chevy truck, here are the steps to install your new dashboard:
1. Remove the old dashboard. This will require some disassembly of your OBS Chevy truck. You will need to remove the steering wheel, instrument cluster, center console, and dash pad. Be sure to disconnect all electrical connections and set aside all screws and bolts in a safe place.
2. With the old dashboard removed, it’s time to install the new one. Start by attaching the lower dash support brackets using the supplied bolts. Then, connect all electrical connections making sure they are secure.
3. Next, attach the instrument cluster to the new dashboard using the supplied screws. Be careful not to over tighten these screws as it may damage your instrument cluster.
4. Finally, install the center console and reattach the steering wheel using the original bolts/screws. Once everything is tightened down, give your new dashboard a test drive!
What tools you will need
Assuming you would like a list of tools needed for the job:
– Flathead screwdriver
– Phillips head screwdriver
– Torx driver
– Utility knife
– Wire cutters
– Masking tape
– Painters tape
Tips and Tricks
If your Chevrolet Silverado or GMC Sierra’s instrument cluster is malfunctioning, it can be very frustrating. Here are some tips and tricks that may help you get it working again:
1. Check all the fuses first. The instrument cluster is on the same circuit as other accessories like the power windows, so a blown fuse could be the problem.
2. If the fuses are all good, then check for loose wiring connections. The instrument cluster is fairly easy to access, so you should be able to see if any of the wires are loose or damaged.
3. If the wiring looks good, then the next step would be to replace the instrument cluster itself. This is not a difficult job, but it will require some disassembly of the dash.
Overall, the 94-98 OBS Chevy Dashboard is a great addition to any truck. It gives your truck a unique look that will really stand out from the crowd. The only downside is that it can be difficult to find parts for this particular model. However, if you are willing to do some research, you should be able to find everything you need.
“I am very happy with my recent purchase of a Chevy dashboard from the dashboard website. It was, as described, clean and functional. I will certainly be recommending it to my friends.”